Is my data safe with Hosted Desktop?
Many business owners hesitate when deciding whether or not to implement a Hosted Desktop solution – they worry about the safety of their data.
Somehow, when your data is in your office location, it feels more comforting. There is a sense of control, knowing who is in the office and who has physical access to the data. You can take the data with you if you want. It’s right there, in a tangible form.
Is this you?
If you’re nodding your head in agreement with the above statements.
If the thought of your data being out of your hands scares you.
If you’ve steered clear of cloud solutions because you’re not sure that you can trust someone else to take care of your data.
Then you need to ask yourself the following questions…
- Do you really know who walks around in your office at all times?
- Are you 100% sure that your backups work smoothly each and every time and that the latest backup will be there when you need it?
- Are you positive that your technology and software is completely up-to-date?
- Can you be absolutely sure someone won’t damage your data, whether deliberately or unintentionally?
- Could a hacker breach your office connection or your server?
- Would you know if there was an attempt to access your data?
The sense of security most people feel when data is located in-house is based more on their perception than on the reality of the situation.
Protecting Business Data – What your Organization Needs to Consider
Protecting business data is clearly a very serious matter and a number of issues need to be taken into account, including:
- Exposure to viruses and spyware
- Possible hard-drive failures
- Power outages
- Threat of intruders
- Need for privacy
- Levels of accessibility
You also need to carefully weigh the costs of having the technology and the IT staff to manage the above considerations. Many organizations simply can’t afford to manage their data effectively in-house.
Hosted Desktop solutions don’t just make collaboration and accessibility easier; they also ensure the integrity and security of data. It is easy to think that your data is at its safest when it’s in your office closet, but this is simply not true. When you outsource your IT needs to a hosted services provider, you will have a team of IT professionals working to protect your data. They will be far better than you at providing that security – they are experts in data protection after all.
Choosing a Hosted Desktop Provider – Security Considerations
If your business has decided to go the Hosted Desktop route, it’s important when choosing a provider to carefully assess how they handle their security and the measures they take to ensure that your data is safe. Not all virtual desktop solutions are created equal.
Ensure that the Hosted Desktop provider…
- Owns its own network, equipment and data centers. Many companies will outsource or resell these crucial components from a third party. How can they vouch for these components if they are not controlling them? This creates an additional risk that your business simply can’t afford to take.
- Uses a reliable data center. When evaluating the data centers, ensure that you are looking at Tier III-IV facilities that are SAS70 Type II compliant.
- Has multiple redundancies in place. The data centers must have addressed security and disaster recovery considerations.
- Is in a good financial position. You don’t want to run the risk of opting for a Hosted Desktop provider that could be closing its doors in a few months. What would happen to your data then?
- Has guarantees in place for uptime. You need to be sure that your provider values reliability as much as you do.
- Offers access to your data from anywhere at any time.
Infiniwiz Hosted Desktop – Security is Not Just an Afterthought
At Infiniwiz, we take great pride in our security measures for Hosted Desktop. Enjoy peace of mind with us…
- We are not a reseller. We control all of our components. Obsessively. Go ahead, call us control freaks – we take that as a compliment.
- We run on the latest in security and backup technology. We invest in the heavy duty infrastructure that guarantees the safety of your data, so that you don’t have to.
- Our fully redundant servers reside in a Tier III SAS70 Type II compliant data center; redundant power and internet lines, single point of entry, 24 hour armed security personnel and equipment friendly environment. The best data center that money can buy.
- Enjoy full availability with our 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Top of the line firewall equipment and virus and spam protection.
…and more! Click to learn about all the benefits of Infiniwiz Hosted Desktop.
At Infiniwiz, your security is our business. Contact us today to find out more about how Hosted Desktop can work for and protect your organization.