The Eight Best Security Solutions Tips You’ll Read This Year
If we may be so bold, we have some great Security Solutions tips. So great, in fact, that they may just be the best eight tips you see all year.
• First tip: Use Your Firewall –In order to prevent people from entering your computer system, using your firewall is one of the best ways. Your firewall will also prevent programs from gaining access to the Internet from your computer unless you want them to. At the purchase of a computer, the firewall is active as a standard on almost all computers. However, it is essential that you regularly check that yours is active in order to prevent your system from being compromised.
• Second tip: Passwords – How you create your passwords and the number of different passwords you use are essential to the safety of your computer. You should create a different password for every one of your online accounts. It is also important that your passwords are strong. Strong passwords are composed of a mixture of alpha numeric capitals such as 23Zk8T9M2. This strategy will make your passwords as difficult as possible to be broken.
• Third tip: Update Your Browser – Many internet users fail to up-date their browsers. By not updating your browser, you will not prevent the latest security threats and will make it easier for hackers to compromise your security. Your browser should be updated every time an update is available and as soon as possible in order to maximize your protection.
• Fourth tip: Update Antivirus Software – It is a good idea to always use antivirus software, and it should be updated at least once a week. Updating your antivirus software two or three times a week is essential since new viruses are often found as often as hourly. By doing this, you will be protected from new threats.
• Fifth tip: Scan for Viruses – Anyone who uses the Internet regularly should scan their computer regularly for viruses. If you use the Internet for more than five hours a week, you should run a scan at least once a week.
• Sixth tip: Avoid Downloads – Downloads whether legal or illegal can be the source of spyware and viruses. For that reason, you should avoid downloading something when presented with the option. If you must download something, you should first scan it for viruses. You could also research the website using a search engine in order to make sure the site is reputable.
• Seventh tip: Browse Safely – When browsing, you should be careful to choose where you visit wisely. You can expose yourself to risk by visiting dubious websites and click advertisements. If a site seem suspicious, leave it and browse to find a more trustworthy site. It is essential that you always search using a search engine known to be reputable.
• Eighth tip: Encrypt Files – Encrypting files can easily be done on your home computer. By right clicking the folder and then choosing properties, you will be able to choose from various protection options. Encrypting the files makes them more difficult to be read. Another way to add security to your files is to store the important ones on a portable storage device or USB.
To talk more about this or anything else, please Contact Us. Thanks.