Perhaps you’ve heard of virtualization of hardware. But do you know what it means and the advantages of it? Here is some information to help you understand.
* Hardware virtualization enables you to use fewer physical servers. Instead, a larger virtual server is created within a software encapsulation called a “virtual machine” or a “hypervisor” that enables multiple operating system technologies to be operated on a single hardware platform.
* By consolidating servers, users have the ability to increase the productivity of the servers used while reducing the amount of hardware needed.
* Hardware virtualization results in reduced IT costs, as capital and operating costs are lower due to fewer servers being used. These savings are furthered by a reduction in the time needed for maintenance.
* Because these virtual machines can be moved from one server to another, the ability to survive an IT disaster is increased. Hardware virtualization is, therefore, a great addition to your business continuity plans.
* You can realize greater application availability through hardware virtualization, as a node or server failure causes the virtual machine to be restarted or continued on another machine without downtime.
Infiniwiz creates IT strategies to give our clients a competitive edge in the marketplace. We realize that every business has unique needs and we strive to give you an affordable solution that is customized specifically for your business. We offer complete hardware virtualization services, including planning, design, implementation, management, and administration. If you’d like more information on the virtualization of hardware and how it can help your business by decreasing costs and increasing the productivity of your servers, contact us.